12.03.2010

the season's first christmas party::worn.

tonight was the christmas coffee at the church. my MIL, SIL and i hosted a table where we served chicken spaghetti (so yummy) and chocolate truffle cheesecake with a ganache topping and white chocolate snowflake decoration. i made the cheesecake from a recipe in this month's southern living magazine. it was awesome. totally tasted like a truffle. the ganache was my favorite part. we had ganache on and in our wedding cake so it holds a special place in my heart. and my tummy. ha.

the dress was fairly casual tonight, but i did want to be a bit festive since it was a christmas party in the evening. sequins and skinny jeans did the trick. i bought these jeans on clearance at ross just yesterday. they are still a bit baggy, and i did quite a bit of pants hiking as a result. i can guarantee i will grow into them.

sequined top: pink for dillard's
ruffle neck cardigan: cato
skinny maternity jeans: ross
gray pumps: mia for dillard's
earrings: super clearance at charming charlie



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mother of four and married to Landon, a lead pastor in San Angelo, Texas. I have been a journalist and an English teacher, love York peppermint patties and am addicted to Instagram. Someday, I hope to finally get organized.